Andhra HC reserves judgement on Jagan`s bail plea
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Thursday reserved its judgment on YSR Congress party chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy’s bail petition for July 4.
Justice S Govinda Rajulu concluded the hearing on the petition today.
While noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani argued for Jagan, senior counsel Ashok Bhan represented the CBI.
The CBI counsel had argued that the case involved financial irregularities to the tune of Rs 43,000 crore and the CBI is investigating the fund flow to Jagan?s companies.
Bhan argued that giving bail to the accused at this time may hamper the investigation further, as the investigation agency is yet to file some more charge sheets in the case.
The CBI has so far filed three charges in the disproportionate assets case of the Kadapa MP. Jagan was arrested on May 27 before being questioned for three days.
On the other hand, Jethmalani argued that Jagan`s arrest is politically motivated and there is no absolute evidence that his client has been not co-operating with the CBI, or is tampering with the evidence.
Jagan is being harassed by the CBI at the behest of political bosses, Jethmalani argued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800