Andhra High Court cancels Jagan aide`s bail
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Friday cancelled the bail of Vijay Sai Reddy, an aide of YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy, in an illegal assets case.
Justice KC Bhanu, who had reserved his orders Thursday, pronounced it Friday, cancelling the bail granted by a lower court.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had moved the petition that the bail granted by the special CBI court could hamper its investigations.
CBI counsel told the court that the agency filed the first charge sheet against Jaganmohan Reddy, Vijay Sai Reddy and others in respect to aspects where it concluded investigations.
After spending over three months in the Chanchalguda Central Jail, Vijay Sai Reddy was released on April 13 on a conditional bail granted by the special CBI court.
Vijay Sai was arrested by the CBI on Jan 2, and listed the number two accused in the charge sheet filed by the investigating agency last month.
The vice-president of Jagati Publications Private Limited (JPPL), owned by Jaganmohan Reddy, is also an auditor in many other companies of the state.
The CBI had booked Jaganmohan Reddy, who is popularly known as Jagan, and 73 companies and individuals in August last year on directions of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
According to the investigating agency, Jaganmohan Reddy conspired with his father and then chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy to dole out several favours to certain companies in return for the investments they made into his businesses.
Vijay Sai Reddy is the only person arrested in this case so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal