Andhra House fracas: Dy Speaker gives go ahead for arrest
Andhra Pradesh Deputy Speaker
Nadendla Manohar late on Thursday night instructed the Hyderabad City
Police to immediately arrest those who assaulted Lok Satta
Party MLA N Jayaprakash Narayan and senior Congress MLC
Paladugu Venkata Rao on the Assembly premises.
Based on the report submitted by Legislature Secretary
Raja Sadaram and Chief Marshal Arthur on the incident that
happened at the media point, the Deputy Speaker instructed
Police Commissioner A K Khan to register a case and arrest
those behind the assault immediately.
The Legislature Secretary formally wrote a letter to
Khan in this regard on the Manohar`s instructions.
"We have asked the Police Commissioner to identify the
culprits who attacked Jayaprakash Narayan and Venkat Rao and
arrest them immediately," Manohar said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy held a
meeting with his cabinet colleagues in the Secretariat and
discussed the incidents in the Assembly.
The government decided to discuss the issue in the
Assembly tomorrow and initiate appropriate action against
errant TRS and some Telangana TDP MLAs who created a bedlam in
the House, government sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!