Andhra House fracas: Dy Speaker gives go ahead for arrest
Andhra Pradesh Deputy Speaker
Nadendla Manohar late on Thursday night instructed the Hyderabad City
Police to immediately arrest those who assaulted Lok Satta
Party MLA N Jayaprakash Narayan and senior Congress MLC
Paladugu Venkata Rao on the Assembly premises.
Based on the report submitted by Legislature Secretary
Raja Sadaram and Chief Marshal Arthur on the incident that
happened at the media point, the Deputy Speaker instructed
Police Commissioner A K Khan to register a case and arrest
those behind the assault immediately.
The Legislature Secretary formally wrote a letter to
Khan in this regard on the Manohar`s instructions.
"We have asked the Police Commissioner to identify the
culprits who attacked Jayaprakash Narayan and Venkat Rao and
arrest them immediately," Manohar said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy held a
meeting with his cabinet colleagues in the Secretariat and
discussed the incidents in the Assembly.
The government decided to discuss the issue in the
Assembly tomorrow and initiate appropriate action against
errant TRS and some Telangana TDP MLAs who created a bedlam in
the House, government sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'