Andhra man dies in US, family asks minister for help
Hyderabad: The family of a 28-year-old man from Andhra Pradesh who died following cardiac arrest in the United State has asked Indian authorities to help bring his body home.
H. Kranti Kumar, who was working in a pharma company in New York, died Saturday following cardiac arrest when he was clearing snow at his house during the blizzard, his family members said in Nandigama village in Warangal district, about 250 km from here.
The family has appealed to Andhra Pradesh`s IT Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah, who comes from the district, to help in bringing the body home.
According to information reaching the family, Kumar (28) was clearing snow to park his car when he felt chest pain. He died while being shifted to a hospital.
Kumar`s pregnant wife H. Vani was shocked by the tragedy and has been admitted to a hospital in New York. They married three years ago and Vani is eight months pregnant.
Relatives of the deceased living in New York informed the family that representatives of the North American Telugu Association (NATA) offered to make necessary arrangements for sending the body home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli
- Three Kosovans among dead in Munich shooting: Ministry