Andhra man dies in US, family asks minister for help
Hyderabad: The family of a 28-year-old man from Andhra Pradesh who died following cardiac arrest in the United State has asked Indian authorities to help bring his body home.
H. Kranti Kumar, who was working in a pharma company in New York, died Saturday following cardiac arrest when he was clearing snow at his house during the blizzard, his family members said in Nandigama village in Warangal district, about 250 km from here.
The family has appealed to Andhra Pradesh`s IT Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah, who comes from the district, to help in bringing the body home.
According to information reaching the family, Kumar (28) was clearing snow to park his car when he felt chest pain. He died while being shifted to a hospital.
Kumar`s pregnant wife H. Vani was shocked by the tragedy and has been admitted to a hospital in New York. They married three years ago and Vani is eight months pregnant.
Relatives of the deceased living in New York informed the family that representatives of the North American Telugu Association (NATA) offered to make necessary arrangements for sending the body home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH