Andhra man dies in US, family asks minister for help
Hyderabad: The family of a 28-year-old man from Andhra Pradesh who died following cardiac arrest in the United State has asked Indian authorities to help bring his body home.
H. Kranti Kumar, who was working in a pharma company in New York, died Saturday following cardiac arrest when he was clearing snow at his house during the blizzard, his family members said in Nandigama village in Warangal district, about 250 km from here.
The family has appealed to Andhra Pradesh`s IT Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah, who comes from the district, to help in bringing the body home.
According to information reaching the family, Kumar (28) was clearing snow to park his car when he felt chest pain. He died while being shifted to a hospital.
Kumar`s pregnant wife H. Vani was shocked by the tragedy and has been admitted to a hospital in New York. They married three years ago and Vani is eight months pregnant.
Relatives of the deceased living in New York informed the family that representatives of the North American Telugu Association (NATA) offered to make necessary arrangements for sending the body home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened