Andhra mining scam: CBI quizzes lady IAS officer
Hyderabad: CBI, probing alleged illegal
mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to
Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), on Saturday questioned a senior
lady IAS officer in connection with the scam after conducting
a raid at her house.
A CBI team, led by Superintendent of Police H Venkatesh,
quizzed Y Srilakshmi, Commissioner (Health) after a search at
her residence in S R Nagar here, officials said.
However, they declined to give details.
The central agency has found alleged irregularities in
certain leases given to OMC between 2005 and 2009 when
Srilakshmi was the Secretary of Andhra Pradesh Industries
CBI is seeking to gather information on the alleged
conspiracy by some government officials involved in granting
leases to OMC.
The mining company is accused of changing mining lease
boundary markings between Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and
indulging in "illegal" mining in the Bellary Reserve Forest
area spread between Bellary district of Karnataka and
Anantpur district of Andhra Pradesh.
CBI had registered a case against the company on December
7, 2009, at the request of Andhra Pradesh government,
following allegations of illegal mining and irregularities in
the allotment of mining leases to OMC in Obulapuram and
Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district in the state.
CBI officials had last month examined a former Director
of Mines and Geology (Andhra Pradesh) V D Rajagopal in
connection with the case.
On September 5, CBI had arrested former Karnataka
Tourism Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, who owns the mine and
OMC Managing Director B Srinivas Reddy in connection with the
scam. The duo are now lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison
here and will remain in judicial custody till October 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in