Andhra minister among 15 trapped in Nepal hills
Hyderabad: An Andhra Pradesh cabinet minister, a state legislator and 13 others on the Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage were on Sunday trapped in a hilly area on the Nepal-Tibet border, according to information reaching here.
The group will spend the night there as a helicopter to bring them to Kathmandu is expected to land only on Monday.
Housing Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana, legislator A Srinivas and others were trapped in area since Sunday afternoon.
The state government sought help from the Defence Ministry to rescue the group after the minister alerted state Chief Secretary SV Prasad. The minister informed the government on Sunday night that they were safe and had taken shelter in a house, where they would spend the night.
The Nepalese Army has reportedly agreed to send a helicopter to the hilly area on Monday.
The minister and legislator along with their family members had gone on pilgrimage on June 11 through a private tour operator.
As the helicopter, which was supposed to bring them back, did not land and three members of the group took ill due to bad weather, the minister sought help from the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi