Andhra minister among 15 trapped in Nepal hills
Hyderabad: An Andhra Pradesh cabinet minister, a state legislator and 13 others on the Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage were on Sunday trapped in a hilly area on the Nepal-Tibet border, according to information reaching here.
The group will spend the night there as a helicopter to bring them to Kathmandu is expected to land only on Monday.
Housing Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana, legislator A Srinivas and others were trapped in area since Sunday afternoon.
The state government sought help from the Defence Ministry to rescue the group after the minister alerted state Chief Secretary SV Prasad. The minister informed the government on Sunday night that they were safe and had taken shelter in a house, where they would spend the night.
The Nepalese Army has reportedly agreed to send a helicopter to the hilly area on Monday.
The minister and legislator along with their family members had gone on pilgrimage on June 11 through a private tour operator.
As the helicopter, which was supposed to bring them back, did not land and three members of the group took ill due to bad weather, the minister sought help from the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter