Andhra minister denies role in cash-for-bail scam
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Law Minister Erasu Prathap Reddy on Saturday denied any role in the cash-for-bail scam which has rocked the judiciary.
The minister rubbished allegations that he facilitated a deal between CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy for securing bail to the latter in an illegal mining case.
Pratap Reddy, a relative of Janardhana Reddy, said he was ready to face any probe and offered to retire from politics if he was found guilty of corruption.
The law minister came to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s camp office here to give a clarification regarding reports in a section of the media linking him to the bail scam.
However, the Chief Minister was not available.
Prathap Reddy said he wanted to urge the Chief Minister to order a probe into the allegations against him.
Andhra Pradesh High Court Chief Justice has suspended Pattabhirama Rao for allegedly receiving Rs 10 crore as bribe to grant bail to Janardhana Reddy May 11.
The judge, his son, a retired judge and a few others face arrest in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars