Andhra minister denies role in cash-for-bail scam
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Law Minister Erasu Prathap Reddy on Saturday denied any role in the cash-for-bail scam which has rocked the judiciary.
The minister rubbished allegations that he facilitated a deal between CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy for securing bail to the latter in an illegal mining case.
Pratap Reddy, a relative of Janardhana Reddy, said he was ready to face any probe and offered to retire from politics if he was found guilty of corruption.
The law minister came to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s camp office here to give a clarification regarding reports in a section of the media linking him to the bail scam.
However, the Chief Minister was not available.
Prathap Reddy said he wanted to urge the Chief Minister to order a probe into the allegations against him.
Andhra Pradesh High Court Chief Justice has suspended Pattabhirama Rao for allegedly receiving Rs 10 crore as bribe to grant bail to Janardhana Reddy May 11.
The judge, his son, a retired judge and a few others face arrest in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!