Andhra ministers back Rosaiah after Jagan`s attack
Hyderabad: A day after Congress MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy blamed Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah for last week`s violence in Warangal district, state ministers Tuesday came together to defend the Chief Minister.
The ministers said they were with the chief minister and condemned the allegations made against the government.
"We are with the Chief Minister, the Congress high command and party president Sonia Gandhi," Information and Public Relations Minister J Geeta Reddy told reporters in the presence of almost all the ministers.
They denied the allegations that the government failed to deal with the situation and defended the action taken by it. Geeta Reddy said there were no differences among ministers over the issue.
Jagan, son of former Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Monday blamed Rosaiah for the violence at Mahabubabad town in Warangal district May 29. Nine people were injured when gunmen of two Congress legislators loyal to Jagan opened fire on pro-Telangana activists protesting against his visit.
The same day police arrested Jagan in Nalgonda district when he was on his way to Mahabubabad as part of his yatra to console families of those who died of shock or committed suicide after his father`s death last year.
The MP from Kadapa is currently in Delhi to convince the party`s central leadership that his yatra was not political. He told reporters in the capital that the government allowed people to attack Congress leaders who had taken refuge in waiting room of Mahabubabad railway station.
Sounding defiant, the young leader said he would continue his yatra as it was personal and had no political motives.
Meanwhile, Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy announced a probe by the Crime Investigation Department (CID) into the violence and firing. "We will take action if any policeman is found guilty during the inquiry."
A majority of the ministers loyal to YSR wanted Jagan as the chief minister following YSR`s death in helicopter crash Sept 2. They gave up the demand after the Congress leadership turned it down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp