Andhra MP to sit on fast-unto-death against Telangana
Hyderabad: Lagadapati Rajagopal, Lok
Sabha MP from Vijayawada, who has submitted his resignation in
protest against the move for a separate Telangana state, will
sit on a fast-unto-death opposing the bifurcation of Andhra
Sources close to him said Rajagopal may launch his
fast either in Hyderabad or Vijayawada in a day or two.
"We are working out the programme and other details,"
an aide of the MP told news agencies.
Meanwhile, Y S Vivekananda Reddy, member of AP
Legislative Council and younger brother of late chief minister
Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, too has announced that he would go on
an indefinite fast if the Congress high command did not
reconsider its decision to bifurcate the state.
"YSR has always wanted an integrated Andhra Pradesh.
The Congress high command`s decision has deeply hurt the
people of Rayalaseema," Vivekananda said here.
Meanwhile, some ministers of K Rosaiah cabinet,
hailing from Andhra and Rayalaseema regions, have reportedly
decided to step down from their posts as pressure mounted on
them from their respective constituents.
The ministers who are ready to resign include Mopidevi
Venkata Ramana Rao (technical education), K Parthasarathi
(animal husbandry), Peddireddi Ramachandra Reddy (forests),
Shilpa Mohan Reddy (housing) and P Balaraju (tribal welfare).
The ministers reportedly met in the Secretariat here
and decided to quit office.
None of these ministers could be contacted as they
were closeted in a meeting.
Though there is demand for other ministers also to
quit, they remained evasive on the issue.
You are trying to fix us, three ministers remarked,
when questioned about their resignation in the Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections