Andhra MP to sit on fast-unto-death against Telangana
Hyderabad: Lagadapati Rajagopal, Lok
Sabha MP from Vijayawada, who has submitted his resignation in
protest against the move for a separate Telangana state, will
sit on a fast-unto-death opposing the bifurcation of Andhra
Sources close to him said Rajagopal may launch his
fast either in Hyderabad or Vijayawada in a day or two.
"We are working out the programme and other details,"
an aide of the MP told news agencies.
Meanwhile, Y S Vivekananda Reddy, member of AP
Legislative Council and younger brother of late chief minister
Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, too has announced that he would go on
an indefinite fast if the Congress high command did not
reconsider its decision to bifurcate the state.
"YSR has always wanted an integrated Andhra Pradesh.
The Congress high command`s decision has deeply hurt the
people of Rayalaseema," Vivekananda said here.
Meanwhile, some ministers of K Rosaiah cabinet,
hailing from Andhra and Rayalaseema regions, have reportedly
decided to step down from their posts as pressure mounted on
them from their respective constituents.
The ministers who are ready to resign include Mopidevi
Venkata Ramana Rao (technical education), K Parthasarathi
(animal husbandry), Peddireddi Ramachandra Reddy (forests),
Shilpa Mohan Reddy (housing) and P Balaraju (tribal welfare).
The ministers reportedly met in the Secretariat here
and decided to quit office.
None of these ministers could be contacted as they
were closeted in a meeting.
Though there is demand for other ministers also to
quit, they remained evasive on the issue.
You are trying to fix us, three ministers remarked,
when questioned about their resignation in the Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves