Andhra pays tribute to YSR on his 3rd death anniv
Hyderabad: The third death anniversary of Andhra Pradesh chief minister and Congress stalwart YS Rajasekhara Reddy was observed across the state on Sunday.
Rajasekhara Reddy`s widow and honorary president of Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) YS Vijaya Lakshmi and other family members offered their homage to the former chief minister at his Samadhi situated in the family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district sans the late leader`s son Jagan Mohan Reddy as he has been lodged in jail in connection with a graft case.
Despite the controversies about YSR`s government, Union Minister for Power and Corporate Affairs M Veerappa Moily, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana and other party leaders paid rich tributes to Rajasekhara Reddy who died in a chopper crash this day in 2009.
"He (Rajasekhara Reddy) was the tallest leader from Andhra Pradesh. He was my dear friend. We always remember him," Moily told reporters here after paying homage to the departed leader.
As part of the ongoing probe into the cases involving the then YSR government, one minister is already in jail and another has been chargesheeted by CBI. Some other ministers are also under the scanner in connection with the investigations.
The YSRCP organised philanthropic events like blood donation in memory of the late leader at various places across the state.
At the party headquarters here, Nellore MP Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy garlanded the statue of Rajasekhara Reddy.
"It is unfortunate that YSRCP president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy could not be a part of the event to pay homage to his father," a party release said quoting Rajamohan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in