Andhra pays tribute to YSR on his 3rd death anniv
Hyderabad: The third death anniversary of Andhra Pradesh chief minister and Congress stalwart YS Rajasekhara Reddy was observed across the state on Sunday.
Rajasekhara Reddy`s widow and honorary president of Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) YS Vijaya Lakshmi and other family members offered their homage to the former chief minister at his Samadhi situated in the family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district sans the late leader`s son Jagan Mohan Reddy as he has been lodged in jail in connection with a graft case.
Despite the controversies about YSR`s government, Union Minister for Power and Corporate Affairs M Veerappa Moily, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana and other party leaders paid rich tributes to Rajasekhara Reddy who died in a chopper crash this day in 2009.
"He (Rajasekhara Reddy) was the tallest leader from Andhra Pradesh. He was my dear friend. We always remember him," Moily told reporters here after paying homage to the departed leader.
As part of the ongoing probe into the cases involving the then YSR government, one minister is already in jail and another has been chargesheeted by CBI. Some other ministers are also under the scanner in connection with the investigations.
The YSRCP organised philanthropic events like blood donation in memory of the late leader at various places across the state.
At the party headquarters here, Nellore MP Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy garlanded the statue of Rajasekhara Reddy.
"It is unfortunate that YSRCP president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy could not be a part of the event to pay homage to his father," a party release said quoting Rajamohan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak