Andhra Police on alert with Chhattisgarh, Odisha borders
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Police have gone on high alert on the borders with Chhattisgarh and Odisha in the wake of Maoist attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh.
Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy said the police force was on alert in Andhra Orissa Border (AOB) area.
He told reporters in Nizamabad on Sunday that police had no information about Maoists belonging to Andhra Pradesh participating in Saturday`s ambush, which killed nearly 30 people
Meanwhile, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has condemned the brutal attack on Congress leaders. In a statement, he termed the Maoist action as an attack on democracy.
Condemning the killing of Chhattisgarh state unit president of Congress party, his son and other leaders, Kiran Kumar Reddy conveyed his condolences to the families of the victims.
The Chief Minister, state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana and other party leaders attended a meeting held at the party headquarters here to condemn the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you