Andhra Police on alert with Chhattisgarh, Odisha borders
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have gone on high alert on the borders with Chhattisgarh and Odisha in the wake of Maoist attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh.
Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy said the police force was on alert in Andhra Odisha Border (AOB) area.
He told reporters in Nizamabad Sunday that police had no information about Maoists belonging to Andhra Pradesh participating in Saturday`s ambush, which killed nearly 30 people
Meanwhile, Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy has condemned the brutal attack on Congress leaders. In a statement, he termed the Maoist action as an attack on democracy.
Condemning the killing of Chhattisgarh state unit president of Congress party, his son and other leaders, Kiran Kumar Reddy conveyed his condolences to the families of the victims.
The chief minister, state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana and other party leaders attended a meeting held at the party headquarters here to condemn the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside