Andhra police stations to be equipped with live scanners
Hyderabad: About 1,600 police stations in Andhra Pradesh will soon be equipped with `live` scanners and four-finger print scanners as part of the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System (CCTNS) project, that integrates the Finger Print Bureau (FPB) in the state with the police infrastructure for effective tracking of criminal records.
CCTNS is an e-governance initiative of the Union Home Ministry and aims to create a comprehensive and integrated system for effective and efficient policing through a nationwide network with a bottom-to-top approach.
However, lack of trained and exclusive manpower seems to have hampering the plans of the Andhra Pradesh-FPB which has sought towards earmarking separate manpower to the Bureau in
order to get better results.
As part of the second phase of implementation of the CCTNS project, live scanners and four-finger print scanners will be provided to around 1,600 police stations in the state, AP Finger Prints Bureau Director T Rajendra Prasad told reporters.
"Fingerprint is one of the priority areas of the CCTNS project. It creates a platform for sharing crime and criminal information and Finger Print Data across the country in real
time," he said.
For the success of CCTNS, the Finger Print data along with textual and demographic data has to be supplied from the police station level to the Automated Finger Prints Identification System (AFIS) at district, state and national level. But, at present the police personnel at police station
level are over-burdened with other tasks including maintaining law and order bandobast and similar other duties, Prasad said.
If separate police force is deputed for the purpose then the clarity and correctness of the data input will improve which in turn will help in the identification and speedy detection of cases and also integration of data through Finger Prints, Prasad explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj