Andhra Pradesh: 16-year-old girl kills her newborn baby after secretly giving birth
Nizamabad: A 16-year-old girl student allegedly threw her newborn baby from the window of her school hostel in the district following which the infant died, police said here on Wednesday.
The girl, studying in class X at a state-run residential school for girls, had delivered a baby boy in the early hours at the school hostel on Tuesday. However, the panic-stricken girl threw the newborn from the window of the hostel toilet, police said, adding that the infant died while undergoing treatment.
"During the preliminary investigation, it was found that the girl`s marriage was fixed with her aunt`s son. When she had gone to her house at Pitlam mandal during the vacations last year, they had physical relations which resulted in her pregnancy," a senior police officer said.
"The girl subsequently returned to the hostel and used to tell her teachers that she was unwell. However, she kept mum about her pregnancy and used to cover her stomach. Apparently, the nursing staff who used to conduct health check up also failed to notice it," the officer said.
Police have registered a case under Section 315 of IPC (act done with intent to prevent child being born alive or to cause it to die after birth) against the girl, who has been shifted to a hospital for treatment.
A case of rape has been booked against the her aunt`s son and efforts were on to nab him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you