Andhra Pradesh: 16-year-old girl kills her newborn baby after secretly giving birth
Nizamabad: A 16-year-old girl student allegedly threw her newborn baby from the window of her school hostel in the district following which the infant died, police said here on Wednesday.
The girl, studying in class X at a state-run residential school for girls, had delivered a baby boy in the early hours at the school hostel on Tuesday. However, the panic-stricken girl threw the newborn from the window of the hostel toilet, police said, adding that the infant died while undergoing treatment.
"During the preliminary investigation, it was found that the girl`s marriage was fixed with her aunt`s son. When she had gone to her house at Pitlam mandal during the vacations last year, they had physical relations which resulted in her pregnancy," a senior police officer said.
"The girl subsequently returned to the hostel and used to tell her teachers that she was unwell. However, she kept mum about her pregnancy and used to cover her stomach. Apparently, the nursing staff who used to conduct health check up also failed to notice it," the officer said.
Police have registered a case under Section 315 of IPC (act done with intent to prevent child being born alive or to cause it to die after birth) against the girl, who has been shifted to a hospital for treatment.
A case of rape has been booked against the her aunt`s son and efforts were on to nab him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre