Andhra Pradesh ACB arrests Tehsildar, Asst Director
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Friday unearthed disproportionate assets worth over Rs 1.25 crore, allegedly belonging to an Assistant Director (Agriculture).
In another case, it arrested a Tehsildar for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 15,000.
After registering a case against V Prasad, Assistant Director (Agriculture) in Yelamanchili in Visakhapatnam district, ACB carried out simultaneous searches at his and his relatives` residences, unearthing assets to the tune of Rs 1.25 crore, an official said.
The searches revealed that Prasad owned two buildings, 11 house plots, 23 acres of agricultural land, four commercial vehicles and a car.
Market value of the assets could be up to Rs 5-6 crore, according to ACB.
In the other case, ACB officers arrested the Tehsildar of Toopran Mandal in Medak District after he was trapped while accepting bribe of Rs 15,000.
T Ramachary, the Tehsildar, was trapped at his residence last evening, when he demanded and accepted the bribe from the complainant to issue order for correction of land records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote