Andhra Pradesh ACB arrests Tehsildar, Asst Director
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Friday unearthed disproportionate assets worth over Rs 1.25 crore, allegedly belonging to an Assistant Director (Agriculture).
In another case, it arrested a Tehsildar for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 15,000.
After registering a case against V Prasad, Assistant Director (Agriculture) in Yelamanchili in Visakhapatnam district, ACB carried out simultaneous searches at his and his relatives` residences, unearthing assets to the tune of Rs 1.25 crore, an official said.
The searches revealed that Prasad owned two buildings, 11 house plots, 23 acres of agricultural land, four commercial vehicles and a car.
Market value of the assets could be up to Rs 5-6 crore, according to ACB.
In the other case, ACB officers arrested the Tehsildar of Toopran Mandal in Medak District after he was trapped while accepting bribe of Rs 15,000.
T Ramachary, the Tehsildar, was trapped at his residence last evening, when he demanded and accepted the bribe from the complainant to issue order for correction of land records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’