Andhra Pradesh ACB arrests Tehsildar, Asst Director
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Friday unearthed disproportionate assets worth over Rs 1.25 crore, allegedly belonging to an Assistant Director (Agriculture).
In another case, it arrested a Tehsildar for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 15,000.
After registering a case against V Prasad, Assistant Director (Agriculture) in Yelamanchili in Visakhapatnam district, ACB carried out simultaneous searches at his and his relatives` residences, unearthing assets to the tune of Rs 1.25 crore, an official said.
The searches revealed that Prasad owned two buildings, 11 house plots, 23 acres of agricultural land, four commercial vehicles and a car.
Market value of the assets could be up to Rs 5-6 crore, according to ACB.
In the other case, ACB officers arrested the Tehsildar of Toopran Mandal in Medak District after he was trapped while accepting bribe of Rs 15,000.
T Ramachary, the Tehsildar, was trapped at his residence last evening, when he demanded and accepted the bribe from the complainant to issue order for correction of land records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP