Andhra Pradesh bandh over Telangana Bill paralyses normal life
Hyderabad: Normal life was thrown out of gear in Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions of Andhra Pradesh due to a bandh called against the Centre`s move to table the Telangana Bill in Parliament on Thursday.
The TDP, YSRCP activists and other united Andhra supporters held rallies at several places in the two regions against the state`s division.
They squatted in front of the bus stations and prevented the buses from plying on the roads.
Schools, colleges and other educational institutions remained shut at many places with the pro-united Andhra employees also taking part in the agitation.
Attendance in government offices was thin.
The bandh call was given by the Andhra Pradesh Non Gazetted Officers Association (APNGOA) against the Centre`s plan to table the Bill in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli