Andhra Pradesh bandh over Telangana Bill paralyses normal life
Hyderabad: Normal life was thrown out of gear in Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions of Andhra Pradesh due to a bandh called against the Centre`s move to table the Telangana Bill in Parliament on Thursday.
The TDP, YSRCP activists and other united Andhra supporters held rallies at several places in the two regions against the state`s division.
They squatted in front of the bus stations and prevented the buses from plying on the roads.
Schools, colleges and other educational institutions remained shut at many places with the pro-united Andhra employees also taking part in the agitation.
Attendance in government offices was thin.
The bandh call was given by the Andhra Pradesh Non Gazetted Officers Association (APNGOA) against the Centre`s plan to table the Bill in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video