Andhra Pradesh: CEC praises Collector for smooth conduct of elections
Rajahmundry: East Godavari District Collector Neetu Prasad has been invited to attend the South state election officials conference to be held on August 22 in Puducherry, for her good work in conducting peaceful general elections held earlier this year in the district.
The Central Election Commission (CEC), which is organising the conference, selected Prasad as the best election official for conducting the general elections peacefully without any untoward incident and law and order problems (including clashes and other law and order problems) and controlling the poll expenditure in the district, an official release said here.
The district collector took initiatives for organising election awareness programme and explaining the importance of vote, conducted seminars and conference on voting, which yielded good results in the district with regard to the voting percentage, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi