Andhra Pradesh: CEC praises Collector for smooth conduct of elections
Rajahmundry: East Godavari District Collector Neetu Prasad has been invited to attend the South state election officials conference to be held on August 22 in Puducherry, for her good work in conducting peaceful general elections held earlier this year in the district.
The Central Election Commission (CEC), which is organising the conference, selected Prasad as the best election official for conducting the general elections peacefully without any untoward incident and law and order problems (including clashes and other law and order problems) and controlling the poll expenditure in the district, an official release said here.
The district collector took initiatives for organising election awareness programme and explaining the importance of vote, conducted seminars and conference on voting, which yielded good results in the district with regard to the voting percentage, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?