Andhra Pradesh: CEC praises Collector for smooth conduct of elections
Rajahmundry: East Godavari District Collector Neetu Prasad has been invited to attend the South state election officials conference to be held on August 22 in Puducherry, for her good work in conducting peaceful general elections held earlier this year in the district.
The Central Election Commission (CEC), which is organising the conference, selected Prasad as the best election official for conducting the general elections peacefully without any untoward incident and law and order problems (including clashes and other law and order problems) and controlling the poll expenditure in the district, an official release said here.
The district collector took initiatives for organising election awareness programme and explaining the importance of vote, conducted seminars and conference on voting, which yielded good results in the district with regard to the voting percentage, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress