Andhra Pradesh CM Kiran Kumar Reddy may resign today; President`s Rule likely
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: While the government seems to be all set to push the controversial Telangana Bill through the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is likely to resign which could pave way for imposition of President`s rule in the state.
Reddy will submit his resignation once the debate begins in Lok Sabha on Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2013, cabinet ministers close to him have said.
As per IANS reports, Reddy`s aides have shifted his personal belongings from his office at the secretariat and also from his official residence.
E Pratap Reddy, one of the state ministers from Seemandhra, said that Reddy, who is opposed to state`s division, will also float a new political party.
On the other hand, UPA government has said that the bill is likely to be taken up in Parliament today. “Telangana Bill will come up for discussion in Lok Sabha on 18th. Those who want to oppose can do so in a parliamentary manner,” Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said.
A furore erupted in Lok Sabha last week when Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was about to table a bill for the creation of Telangana. MP Lagadapati Rajagopal used pepper spray to oppose the bill. Moreover, there was also a scuffle between the parliamentarians from Telangana and Seemandhra and another anti-Telangana member Venugopal Reddy (TDP) broke the mike of the House Secretary General .
The Speaker of Lok Sabha Meira Kumar later suspended 17 MPs who were involved in creating the ruckus.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far