Andhra Pradesh CM, ministers to get salary hike
Hyderabad: Salaries and allowances of the
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and his colleagues will see a
quantum jump soon.
A bill seeking to amend the `Andhra Pradesh Payment of
Salaries and Pension and Removal of Disqualification Act,
1953` was tabled in the state Assembly today. The bill hikes
the basic pay of Chief Minister from Rs 5,250 at present to Rs
16,000 per month, and that of the ministers (including deputy
Chief Minister) from Rs 5,000 to Rs 14,000 per month.
Special allowance is proposed to be increased to Rs
8,000, sumptuary allowance to Rs 7,000, Camp Office allowance
to Rs 10,000, security car allowance to Rs 25,000, own car
allowance to Rs 30,000 and house rent allowance to Rs 50,000.
In addition, it has been proposed that `a constituency
allowance` of Rs 83,000 be given to the Chief Minister,
ministers and others (including Government Chief Whips,
Whips), said Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana.
Consequently, the state will have to spend a sum of Rs 25
crore per annum from the 2012-13 on the enhanced salary bill
of CM and Ministers.
The hike will also benefit Chairman and Deputy Chairman
of the Legislative Council, Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the
Lakshminarayana moved the amendment bill in the house on
behalf of the Chief Minister today. "Salaries and allowances
of these dignitaries were last enhanced in the year 2000.
Subsequently there has been a substantial increase in the cost
of living. Based on information furnished by certain state
governments like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Maharashtra
on the pay structures there, it has been decided to enhance
the salary and allowances of the Chief Minister and others
here," the Minister said in the statement of objects and
reasons of the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price