Andhra Pradesh Co-ordination Committee seeks to win back people`s trust
Hyderabad: The co-ordination committee of Andhra Pradesh, which met here on Saturday evening under the chairmanship of AICC general secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad, decided to propagate the state government`s programmes extensively to win back people`s confidence.
The committee met after a gap of over two months, but sulking MP Kavuri Sambasiva Rao, who claimed to have resigned from his post, remained absent.
There was no official word from Congress on what was discussed.
But sources said the main topic was tomorrow`s extended meeting of Pradesh Congress Committee, where as many as nine resolutions, including the one of SC and ST special component plans, will be moved.
The co-ordination committee wanted both government and the party to campaign extensively for the enactment of a legislation giving statutory backing to the SC and ST plans.
"We have to win back trust of these sections that have drifted away from Congress," a top leader reportedly said.
The leader said Madiga sect among SCs had now sided with the principal opposition TDP after the latter extended support to the classification of SCs into A, B, C and D groups.
Similarly, the Mala sect had thrown its lot behind the YSR Congress.
According to the sources, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said that granting statutory backing for the SC and ST sub-plans was a "historic" step.
The committee decided to vigorously propagate the schemes being implemented by the Reddy government, and turn it into an advantage for the party. Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, K Chiranjeevi (Union Minister of State), Botsa Satyanarayana (PCC president), Md Ali Shabbir and D Srinivas (former ministers) attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145