Andhra Pradesh Co-ordination Committee seeks to win back people`s trust
Hyderabad: The co-ordination committee of Andhra Pradesh, which met here on Saturday evening under the chairmanship of AICC general secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad, decided to propagate the state government`s programmes extensively to win back people`s confidence.
The committee met after a gap of over two months, but sulking MP Kavuri Sambasiva Rao, who claimed to have resigned from his post, remained absent.
There was no official word from Congress on what was discussed.
But sources said the main topic was tomorrow`s extended meeting of Pradesh Congress Committee, where as many as nine resolutions, including the one of SC and ST special component plans, will be moved.
The co-ordination committee wanted both government and the party to campaign extensively for the enactment of a legislation giving statutory backing to the SC and ST plans.
"We have to win back trust of these sections that have drifted away from Congress," a top leader reportedly said.
The leader said Madiga sect among SCs had now sided with the principal opposition TDP after the latter extended support to the classification of SCs into A, B, C and D groups.
Similarly, the Mala sect had thrown its lot behind the YSR Congress.
According to the sources, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said that granting statutory backing for the SC and ST sub-plans was a "historic" step.
The committee decided to vigorously propagate the schemes being implemented by the Reddy government, and turn it into an advantage for the party. Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, K Chiranjeevi (Union Minister of State), Botsa Satyanarayana (PCC president), Md Ali Shabbir and D Srinivas (former ministers) attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says