Andhra Pradesh Cong leaders discuss roadmap for Telangana
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha today held consultations with Congress leaders from Telangana region for preparing a roadmap on Telangana as sought by the party high command.
State ministers, MPs, MLAs and other Congress leaders from Telangana attended the meeting held at the ministers` quarters.
State minister B Saraiah said the consultation might continue for another two days.
AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, incharge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, had recently asked Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress president B Satyanarayana and the deputy chief minister to prepare a roadmap on Telangana.
The roadmap should contain political strategy and administration action required if the decision is taken either way keeping Andhra Pradesh united and formation of separate Telangana, Singh had said here on Monday.
Singh had also indicated that the process of taking a decision on the contentious issue was at a final stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list