Andhra Pradesh Cong leaders discuss roadmap for Telangana
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha today held consultations with Congress leaders from Telangana region for preparing a roadmap on Telangana as sought by the party high command.
State ministers, MPs, MLAs and other Congress leaders from Telangana attended the meeting held at the ministers` quarters.
State minister B Saraiah said the consultation might continue for another two days.
AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, incharge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, had recently asked Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress president B Satyanarayana and the deputy chief minister to prepare a roadmap on Telangana.
The roadmap should contain political strategy and administration action required if the decision is taken either way keeping Andhra Pradesh united and formation of separate Telangana, Singh had said here on Monday.
Singh had also indicated that the process of taking a decision on the contentious issue was at a final stage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split