Andhra Pradesh: Elderly man branded as sorcerer, beaten to death
Hyderabad: An elderly man was on Friday beaten
to death by a group of people including his relatives for
allegedly practising black magic in Mahabubnagar district of
Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The incident took place around 1100 hours at Chennaram
village in Balmuru mandal of the district when a group of
people including relatives and members of the community
thrashed G Niranjan (60), an agricultural labourer, resulting
in his death, they said.
"They (group) suspected that Niranjan was practising
black magic after one of his relatives died in the village a
month ago," a police officer told PTI.
No one has been arrested in connection with the case so
far, as investigations were still on. Police have registered a
case of murder.
In a similar incident, two senior citizens-- Yellaiah
(65) and Narasimha (70)-- were burnt alive allegedly by
villagers, mostly women, who accused the duo of practising
"sorcery" at Khairtapuram village in Nalgonda district of
Andhra Pradesh on September 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town