Andhra Pradesh Governor orders magisterial inquiry into Hyderabad firing
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan on Thursday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the police firing here that claimed the lives of three people and injured eight others.
The Governor also announced ex-gratia of Rs 6 lakh each to the families of those who died in the police firing and Rs 50,000 for the injured besides free treatment.
Narasimhan, who reviewed the law and order situation in the wake of Wednesday`s police firing and communal clashes, said compensation to those who lost property would be paid as per the norms.
"The Governor appealed to all to maintain peace and tranquillity," said a statement released by his press secretary.
Three people were killed and eight injured in Sikh Chowni neighbourhood of Kishan Bagh in Cyberabad on Wednesday when the Border Security Force (BSF) opened fire on a mob.
Police called the BSF for assistance after communal clashes broke out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list