Andhra Pradesh Governor orders magisterial inquiry into Hyderabad firing
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan on Thursday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the police firing here that claimed the lives of three people and injured eight others.
The Governor also announced ex-gratia of Rs 6 lakh each to the families of those who died in the police firing and Rs 50,000 for the injured besides free treatment.
Narasimhan, who reviewed the law and order situation in the wake of Wednesday`s police firing and communal clashes, said compensation to those who lost property would be paid as per the norms.
"The Governor appealed to all to maintain peace and tranquillity," said a statement released by his press secretary.
Three people were killed and eight injured in Sikh Chowni neighbourhood of Kishan Bagh in Cyberabad on Wednesday when the Border Security Force (BSF) opened fire on a mob.
Police called the BSF for assistance after communal clashes broke out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie