Andhra Pradesh govt soft on MIM MLA Owaisi: BJP
Hyderabad: Hitting out at the Andhra Pradesh government for allegedly failing to take prompt action over the "hate speech" of MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, the BJP on Monday accused the Congress of going soft on him as both are still alliance partners in Hyderabad.
"Why this delay in taking action? Why this lenient attitude when there is a universal condemnation of his (MIM MLA`s) highly objectionable comments? It is the Congress which helped MIM to grow. They still share power in Hyderabad Corporation. Is this the reason why they are soft," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu asked while talking to reporters here.
Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) had recently withdrawn its support to Congress both at the Centre and Andhra Pradesh but both parties continue to share power in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC).
The state Congress government has failed to take action against the MIM leaders promptly though they violated law on many occasions in the past, Naidu alleged.
Congress will have to answer for its inaction, he maintained.
The BJP leader further alleged that the Andhra Congress government lacked the courage to take concrete action against Akbaruddin Owaisi though "every word said by him was highly provocative and objectionable during public meetings in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts”.
Alleging that MIM never cared for the welfare of Muslim minorities, Naidu claimed that Akbaruddin Owaisi`s "inflammatory" speech was aimed at strengthening the party elsewhere in AP and also in some parts of erstwhile Nizam state (in Maharashtra and Karnataka).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory