Andhra Pradesh Health Minister takes on CM again
Hyderabad: In a veiled attack on Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Andhra Pradesh Health Minister DL Ravindra Reddy on Thursday alleged that he may be having a tacit understanding with Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, drawing flak from the party.
Referring to the critical remarks made against him by Congress MLA G Veerasiva Reddy and former party MLA N Varadarajula Reddy yesterday, Ravindra Reddy asked why the person who "prompted them to speak against him never attacked Jagan".
"You say I am a `covert`. He encouraged you to say this. Ok, I am a covert. But, you ask why he could not give any statement on Jagan Mohan Reddy," Ravindra Reddy told reporters in Kadapa district.
"You ask the person who prompted you to give a strong statement against me... To speak against Jagan," he said.
Condemning the remarks of Ravindra Reddy, Congress chief whip Gandra Venkata Ramana Reddy said the minister should withdraw his comments.
"These comments do not help the party. They bring disrepute to the party and government. They hurt the feelings of party activists. Such comments should not be made in future in the interest of the party and they should be withdrawn," he said.
Ravindra Reddy has made critical remarks against the Chief Minister, albeit indirectly, several times. He had offered to quit when he was divested of some key portfolios in a Cabinet reshuffle several months ago.
Meanwhile, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana said he is seeking a clarification on the "unwanted comments made by various leaders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey