Andhra Pradesh: KCR elected as party leader in Assembly by TRS MLAs
Hyderabad: The newly-elected MLAs of Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Saturday elected party president K Chandrasekhar Rao as their leader in the Legislative Assembly.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the newly elected MLAs and MPs here, party leaders K Keshava Rao and E Rajender told reporters.
TRS has won 63 of the 119 Assembly seats in Telangana, securing majority.
Rao has won both in his Assembly and Lok Sabha constituencies.
The new state of Telangana would come into existence officially on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'