Andhra Pradesh: Mother-son duo electrocuted
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, March 23, 2012, 23:31
  
Karimnagar: A woman and her son were on Friday electrocuted and three others suffered burn injures in a village in Andhra Pradesh, police said.

The incident took place at Chilvakodur village, nearly 60km from here, according to Circle Inspector P Mahender.

The woman, P Gangavva (46), was putting clothes for drying on a wire tied to an electric pole. While doing so, one of the clothes touched the high tension wire and it resulted in electric shocks to Gangavva leading to her instant death.

Her family members tried to save her but in the attempt, her son P Mahesh (20) was also electrocuted. Gangavva's husband Rajanna (49), another son P Kumara Swamy (26) and daughter P Mamatha (16) sustained burn injures, the Circle Inspector added.

PTI


First Published: Friday, March 23, 2012, 23:31


comments powered by Disqus