Andhra Pradesh MP meets Digvijay Singh over bifurcation issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha member Dr KVP Ramachandra Rao on Tuesday met Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh to press for united Andhra.
"Since I believe that the development, prosperity and security of Telugu people is practical only in a combined State, I met Digvijay Singh to impress upon him that Andhra Pradesh should not be bifurcated," Rao said.
However, he said, Singh has clarified that he would adhere to the decision of Congress Working Committee (CWC).
Rao said that Union Minister of State for Finance J D Seelam also called on Singh, who is in charge of the party affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone