Andhra Pradesh MP meets Digvijay Singh over bifurcation issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha member Dr KVP Ramachandra Rao on Tuesday met Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh to press for united Andhra.
"Since I believe that the development, prosperity and security of Telugu people is practical only in a combined State, I met Digvijay Singh to impress upon him that Andhra Pradesh should not be bifurcated," Rao said.
However, he said, Singh has clarified that he would adhere to the decision of Congress Working Committee (CWC).
Rao said that Union Minister of State for Finance J D Seelam also called on Singh, who is in charge of the party affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you