Andhra Pradesh MP meets Digvijay Singh over bifurcation issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha member Dr KVP Ramachandra Rao on Tuesday met Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh to press for united Andhra.
"Since I believe that the development, prosperity and security of Telugu people is practical only in a combined State, I met Digvijay Singh to impress upon him that Andhra Pradesh should not be bifurcated," Rao said.
However, he said, Singh has clarified that he would adhere to the decision of Congress Working Committee (CWC).
Rao said that Union Minister of State for Finance J D Seelam also called on Singh, who is in charge of the party affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore