Andhra Pradesh MP meets Digvijay Singh over bifurcation issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha member Dr KVP Ramachandra Rao on Tuesday met Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh to press for united Andhra.
"Since I believe that the development, prosperity and security of Telugu people is practical only in a combined State, I met Digvijay Singh to impress upon him that Andhra Pradesh should not be bifurcated," Rao said.
However, he said, Singh has clarified that he would adhere to the decision of Congress Working Committee (CWC).
Rao said that Union Minister of State for Finance J D Seelam also called on Singh, who is in charge of the party affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'