Andhra Pradesh MP meets Digvijay Singh over bifurcation issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha member Dr KVP Ramachandra Rao on Tuesday met Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh to press for united Andhra.
"Since I believe that the development, prosperity and security of Telugu people is practical only in a combined State, I met Digvijay Singh to impress upon him that Andhra Pradesh should not be bifurcated," Rao said.
However, he said, Singh has clarified that he would adhere to the decision of Congress Working Committee (CWC).
Rao said that Union Minister of State for Finance J D Seelam also called on Singh, who is in charge of the party affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers