Andhra Pradesh offers online services to NRIs
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has launched a project to collect database of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) from the state and to provide them some online services.
The NRIs can now apply online for authentication of educational certificates and for attestation of other certificates/documents through the web portal www.apnri.ap.gov.in. This will provide a big relief to those who had to stand in queues to get the work done at the NRI department in state secretariat.
Minister in-charge of NRI Affairs D Sridhar Babu told reporters on Saturday that the applicant on the date of his preference may physically appear before the officer concerned for authentication of the documents.
The government has launched a pilot project for management of information/application system of NRI affairs on migration profiling and to provide online services. This project covers five districts of Adilabad, Kadapa, Karimnagar, Nizamabad and West Godavari with headquarters in Hyderabad
The NRIs having valid visa for going abroad on study or employment can register by filling a form online. The government will issue a certificate 30 days after the submission of the form.
The user can have access to services offered by the NRI department and can also register his grievances.
The department also proposed to link the website with the passport and Protector of Emigrants database, and the data so collected will be used for policy interventions and also for tracking the illegal migrants.
A help desk will be established at the Hyderabad airport and with the data base with passport portal linkage, the illegal migrant can be identified.
Sridhar Babu said the Overseas Indians Affairs Ministry had desired that the state government create database of overseas Indians hailing from the state on migration/immigration profiling in order to address their issues more effectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire