Andhra Pradesh presents budget with Rs 474 cr revenue surplus
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy on Monday proposed a vote-on-account budget of Rs 1,83,129 crore for 2014-15, with an estimated revenue surplus of Rs 474 crore.
"For the financial year 2014-15, the government proposes an expenditure of Rs 1,83,129 crore; non-plan expenditure is estimated at Rs 1,15,179 crore and plan expenditure at Rs 67,950 crore.
"Estimated revenue surplus is Rs 474 crore and fiscal deficit is estimated at Rs 25,402 crore, at 2.6 per cent of GSDP," he said in his budget speech in the Legislative Assembly.
The estimates of 2013-14 indicate a revenue surplus of Rs 1,023 crore, Reddy said, adding that the fiscal deficit in 2013-14 is estimated at Rs 24,487 crore, which would be 2.87 per cent of GSDP.
He said the final accounts of 2012-13 show a revenue surplus of Rs 1,128 crore and fiscal deficit is well within the FRBM Act at Rs 17,508 crore, which is 2.35 per cent of GSDP.
The budget speech was disrupted by members of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi who trooped into the well of the house, while Telangana ministers were on their feet in protest against Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy getting the Telangana bill rejected by voice vote in the last session of the Assembly.
Telugu Desam Party members from Telangana also stood in the well holding placards for some time.
The minister chose not to complete the budget speech in view of the protests and indicated it could be treated as read.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced