Andhra Pradesh`s forest official killed by tribals
Hyderabad: A forest official was killed and seven others were injured in an attack by tribals in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district, police said.
The incident occurred on Saturday night in the KK Tanda forests of Dharpalle `mandal` in Nizamabad district of Telangana region, about 250 km from here.
A group of tribals attacked the officials when they reached there on receiving information that the tribals had occupied forest land and started cultivation.
Dichpalle forest range officer Gangaiah was killed in the attack. The tribals also set fire to a vehicle.
The locals had been demanding that the authorities hand over the land for agriculture. The request was turned down by the forest department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe