Andhra Pradesh`s forest official killed by tribals
Hyderabad: A forest official was killed and seven others were injured in an attack by tribals in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district, police said.
The incident occurred on Saturday night in the KK Tanda forests of Dharpalle `mandal` in Nizamabad district of Telangana region, about 250 km from here.
A group of tribals attacked the officials when they reached there on receiving information that the tribals had occupied forest land and started cultivation.
Dichpalle forest range officer Gangaiah was killed in the attack. The tribals also set fire to a vehicle.
The locals had been demanding that the authorities hand over the land for agriculture. The request was turned down by the forest department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love