Andhra Pradesh`s forest official killed by tribals
Hyderabad: A forest official was killed and seven others were injured in an attack by tribals in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district, police said.
The incident occurred on Saturday night in the KK Tanda forests of Dharpalle `mandal` in Nizamabad district of Telangana region, about 250 km from here.
A group of tribals attacked the officials when they reached there on receiving information that the tribals had occupied forest land and started cultivation.
Dichpalle forest range officer Gangaiah was killed in the attack. The tribals also set fire to a vehicle.
The locals had been demanding that the authorities hand over the land for agriculture. The request was turned down by the forest department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2nd Test, Day 3: England bounce back to level series 1-1 with massive 330-run win over Pakistan
- Lok Sabha passes bill providing for opening of 6 new IITs
- NIA files chargesheet in Bangalore Church Street blast case
- Story of courage! Chennai man risks life to save a woman from being raped
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH