Andhra Pradesh`s forest official killed by tribals
Hyderabad: A forest official was killed and seven others were injured in an attack by tribals in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district, police said.
The incident occurred on Saturday night in the KK Tanda forests of Dharpalle `mandal` in Nizamabad district of Telangana region, about 250 km from here.
A group of tribals attacked the officials when they reached there on receiving information that the tribals had occupied forest land and started cultivation.
Dichpalle forest range officer Gangaiah was killed in the attack. The tribals also set fire to a vehicle.
The locals had been demanding that the authorities hand over the land for agriculture. The request was turned down by the forest department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened