Andhra Pradesh`s forest official killed by tribals
Hyderabad: A forest official was killed and seven others were injured in an attack by tribals in Andhra Pradesh`s Nizamabad district, police said.
The incident occurred on Saturday night in the KK Tanda forests of Dharpalle `mandal` in Nizamabad district of Telangana region, about 250 km from here.
A group of tribals attacked the officials when they reached there on receiving information that the tribals had occupied forest land and started cultivation.
Dichpalle forest range officer Gangaiah was killed in the attack. The tribals also set fire to a vehicle.
The locals had been demanding that the authorities hand over the land for agriculture. The request was turned down by the forest department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister