`Andhra results a booster for operating cash transfer scheme`
Rajahmundry (Andhra Pradesh): Aadhar Director General and Mission Director R S Sharma on Sunday said the `direct benefit scheme` could be implemented successfully in other parts of the country on the back of "good" results in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
"We have the confidence that we can implement the `direct benefit scheme` in the rest of the country with the success and good results it has yielded in East Godavari district," Sharma said after visiting Pennumarthi in Kakinada Mandal and Gollaprollu mandal.
He interacted with some of the beneficiaries of the scheme, launched recently by Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh.
"The scheme could be implemented in other parts of the country without any confusion, as the amount is directly getting credited into the bank accounts of genuine beneficiaries, and elimination of irregularities," Sharma said, adding that East Godavari district has recorded a 96 per cent enrolment for Aadhar.
Gollaprollu mandal was selected as the model block for the ambitious scheme.
Sharma also visited fair price shops accompanied by district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad.
The collector said that transactions of Rs 3 lakh have taken place under the scheme so far in ten fair price shops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video