Andhra: Six killed in road mishap
Visakhapatnam: Six persons were killed and eight others injured when their auto-rickshaw collided with a lorry at Gajapathinagaram village in neighbouring Vizianagaram districton Saturday, police said.
While three passengers were killed on the spot as many succumbed to their injuries while being shifted to a local hospital, they said.
The mishap occurred when the auto driver rammed into the sand-laden lorry while overtaking another vehicle, police said.
The deceased have been identified as P Tata (60), L. Chandrudu (55), Ramalakshmu (48), T Simhachalam (65), T. Adinarayana and K.Appalanarsi.
The injured were admitted to government hospital at Gajapathinagaram and other hospitals, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference