Andhra: Six killed in road mishap
Visakhapatnam: Six persons were killed and eight others injured when their auto-rickshaw collided with a lorry at Gajapathinagaram village in neighbouring Vizianagaram districton Saturday, police said.
While three passengers were killed on the spot as many succumbed to their injuries while being shifted to a local hospital, they said.
The mishap occurred when the auto driver rammed into the sand-laden lorry while overtaking another vehicle, police said.
The deceased have been identified as P Tata (60), L. Chandrudu (55), Ramalakshmu (48), T Simhachalam (65), T. Adinarayana and K.Appalanarsi.
The injured were admitted to government hospital at Gajapathinagaram and other hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak