Andhra: Six killed in road mishap
Visakhapatnam: Six persons were killed and eight others injured when their auto-rickshaw collided with a lorry at Gajapathinagaram village in neighbouring Vizianagaram districton Saturday, police said.
While three passengers were killed on the spot as many succumbed to their injuries while being shifted to a local hospital, they said.
The mishap occurred when the auto driver rammed into the sand-laden lorry while overtaking another vehicle, police said.
The deceased have been identified as P Tata (60), L. Chandrudu (55), Ramalakshmu (48), T Simhachalam (65), T. Adinarayana and K.Appalanarsi.
The injured were admitted to government hospital at Gajapathinagaram and other hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!