Andhra: Six killed in road mishap
Visakhapatnam: Six persons were killed and eight others injured when their auto-rickshaw collided with a lorry at Gajapathinagaram village in neighbouring Vizianagaram districton Saturday, police said.
While three passengers were killed on the spot as many succumbed to their injuries while being shifted to a local hospital, they said.
The mishap occurred when the auto driver rammed into the sand-laden lorry while overtaking another vehicle, police said.
The deceased have been identified as P Tata (60), L. Chandrudu (55), Ramalakshmu (48), T Simhachalam (65), T. Adinarayana and K.Appalanarsi.
The injured were admitted to government hospital at Gajapathinagaram and other hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security