Andhra soldier killed in Srinagar
Hyderabad: A soldier from Andhra Pradesh was among the eight men of the Indian Army killed in Monday`s terror attack in Srinagar.
M. Yadaiah, 28, was from Mahabubnagar district of Telangana region, officials said. He joined the army in 2003.
Yadaiah`s body will be flown on Thursday and will be taken to his village Kondareddypally by road for last rites.
The mortal remains will be reaching here by Air India flight at 8.50 a.m. June 27, said a defence ministry statement.
There will be wreath-laying at the cargo area.
Eight soldiers were killed when two militants opened fire and lobbed grenades on an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar.
The attack was carried out a day before a visit by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. The Hizbul Mujahideen claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report