Andhra soldier killed in Srinagar
Hyderabad: A soldier from Andhra Pradesh was among the eight men of the Indian Army killed in Monday`s terror attack in Srinagar.
M. Yadaiah, 28, was from Mahabubnagar district of Telangana region, officials said. He joined the army in 2003.
Yadaiah`s body will be flown on Thursday and will be taken to his village Kondareddypally by road for last rites.
The mortal remains will be reaching here by Air India flight at 8.50 a.m. June 27, said a defence ministry statement.
There will be wreath-laying at the cargo area.
Eight soldiers were killed when two militants opened fire and lobbed grenades on an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar.
The attack was carried out a day before a visit by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. The Hizbul Mujahideen claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal