Andhra soldier killed in Srinagar
Hyderabad: A soldier from Andhra Pradesh was among the eight men of the Indian Army killed in Monday`s terror attack in Srinagar.
M. Yadaiah, 28, was from Mahabubnagar district of Telangana region, officials said. He joined the army in 2003.
Yadaiah`s body will be flown on Thursday and will be taken to his village Kondareddypally by road for last rites.
The mortal remains will be reaching here by Air India flight at 8.50 a.m. June 27, said a defence ministry statement.
There will be wreath-laying at the cargo area.
Eight soldiers were killed when two militants opened fire and lobbed grenades on an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar.
The attack was carried out a day before a visit by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. The Hizbul Mujahideen claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow