Andhra soldier killed in Srinagar
Hyderabad: A soldier from Andhra Pradesh was among the eight men of the Indian Army killed in Monday`s terror attack in Srinagar.
M. Yadaiah, 28, was from Mahabubnagar district of Telangana region, officials said. He joined the army in 2003.
Yadaiah`s body will be flown on Thursday and will be taken to his village Kondareddypally by road for last rites.
The mortal remains will be reaching here by Air India flight at 8.50 a.m. June 27, said a defence ministry statement.
There will be wreath-laying at the cargo area.
Eight soldiers were killed when two militants opened fire and lobbed grenades on an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar.
The attack was carried out a day before a visit by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. The Hizbul Mujahideen claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days