Andhra Speaker issues notices to 18 Congress, TDP rebels
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly speaker on Saturday issued notices to 18 rebel legislators of ruling Congress party and main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP), asking them why they should not be disqualified.
Speaker N. Manohar issued notices to nine legislators each of Congress and TDP after their respective parties submitted petitions, seeking their disqualification. These legislators had defied the whips issued by their respective parties to support no-confidence motion moved by Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) in the assembly against the Congress government a few days ago.
All nine Congress rebels, sailing with YSR Congress party, defied the party whip to support the motion. The TDP had decided to remain neutral during the voting but its nine rebels, most of them loyal to YSR Congress, backed the motion.
Both Congress and TDP had submitted petitions to the speaker seeking their disqualification. The speaker has asked the legislators to submit their replies in 14 days.
The nine Congress members whose disqualification has been sought are Alla Nani, G Ravi Kumar, D Chandrasekara Reddy, Jogi Ramesh, Perni Nani, B Sivaprasada Reddy, M, Rajesh, S Krishna Ranga Rao and P Ramchandra Reddy.
The TDP rebels are Amarnath Reddy, Praveen Kumar Reddy, Y Balanagi Reddy, Kodali Srivenkateswara Rao, Chinnam Ramakotaiah, Taneti Vanitha, Sairaj, K Harishwar Reddy and S Venugopalachari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered