Andhra Speaker pitches for Telugu language
Rajahmundry (AP): Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Speaker N Manohar Wednesday said top priority would be accorded to Telugu language in transacting business of the House.
"We will take all steps to use Telugu language in Assembly affairs, sessions and other matters related to the House", Manohar told reporters at a guest house here.
Underlining the importance of Telugu language, the Speaker said, "delegates from all over the world are arriving to participate in the World Telugu Conference beginning in Tirupati from tomorrow".
He said necessary steps will be taken towards using Telugu language in the upcoming Assembly sessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire