Andhra Speaker pitches for Telugu language
Rajahmundry (AP): Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Speaker N Manohar Wednesday said top priority would be accorded to Telugu language in transacting business of the House.
"We will take all steps to use Telugu language in Assembly affairs, sessions and other matters related to the House", Manohar told reporters at a guest house here.
Underlining the importance of Telugu language, the Speaker said, "delegates from all over the world are arriving to participate in the World Telugu Conference beginning in Tirupati from tomorrow".
He said necessary steps will be taken towards using Telugu language in the upcoming Assembly sessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet