Andhra Speaker pitches for Telugu language
Rajahmundry (AP): Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Speaker N Manohar Wednesday said top priority would be accorded to Telugu language in transacting business of the House.
"We will take all steps to use Telugu language in Assembly affairs, sessions and other matters related to the House", Manohar told reporters at a guest house here.
Underlining the importance of Telugu language, the Speaker said, "delegates from all over the world are arriving to participate in the World Telugu Conference beginning in Tirupati from tomorrow".
He said necessary steps will be taken towards using Telugu language in the upcoming Assembly sessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH