Andhra Speaker pitches for Telugu language
Rajahmundry (AP): Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Speaker N Manohar Wednesday said top priority would be accorded to Telugu language in transacting business of the House.
"We will take all steps to use Telugu language in Assembly affairs, sessions and other matters related to the House", Manohar told reporters at a guest house here.
Underlining the importance of Telugu language, the Speaker said, "delegates from all over the world are arriving to participate in the World Telugu Conference beginning in Tirupati from tomorrow".
He said necessary steps will be taken towards using Telugu language in the upcoming Assembly sessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?