Andhra Speaker pitches for Telugu language
Rajahmundry (AP): Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Speaker N Manohar Wednesday said top priority would be accorded to Telugu language in transacting business of the House.
"We will take all steps to use Telugu language in Assembly affairs, sessions and other matters related to the House", Manohar told reporters at a guest house here.
Underlining the importance of Telugu language, the Speaker said, "delegates from all over the world are arriving to participate in the World Telugu Conference beginning in Tirupati from tomorrow".
He said necessary steps will be taken towards using Telugu language in the upcoming Assembly sessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog