Andhra techie raped; two arrested
Hyderabad: Cyberabad police on Tuesday arrested two persons on charges of raping a 22-year-old software professional last week near a forest area on the city outskirts after abducting her in their car.
Satish, a private car-driver and Venkateshwarlu, both aged around 25, were arrested for allegedly raping the young woman on the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, Cyberabad Police Commissioner CV Anand told reporters.
The techie working in a IT company in the city was on her way to her hostel and was waiting to hire a vehicle near a shopping mall under Madhapur police station limits when the duo approached her and offered to drop her.
Instead of dropping her to the hostel, they took her towards the Kolluru forest area in neighbouring Medak district and committed the crime, the Commissioner said.
The woman who was staying at a working women`s hostel at Gowlidoddi area had joined the software firm recently.
"Video footage from a nearby school was obtained which displayed that the car passed on the route that night. However the footage was very blurred. Hence, we took the help of NIA (National Investigation Agency) to identify the make (model) of the car and finally traced this Volvo car in which the duo took the girl," he added.
Satish is working as the car-driver which was taken on lease by a businessman. The duo were booked on charges of kidnapping, gang rape, criminal intimidation, illegal confinement and other relevant charges under IPC.
The duo will be taken into police custody for further interrogation, the senior police officer said, adding they had lot of evidence against the two accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list