Andhra to come out with new Land Allotment policy
Chennai: The Andhra Pradesh government would soon come out with a new Land Allotment Policy to ensure more transparency in attracting investments, state Industries Minister J Geeta Reddy said on Saturday.
"We are bringing a Land Allotment Policy...It will be coming to the Cabinet shortly...," she told reporters here without elaborating further.
"We don`t want to give land to people who cannot utilise it," she said, pointing out that her state has the largest number of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) present in the country, with 74 of them being notified.
Earlier, at the National Conference on Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor, organised by industry bodies Assocham and Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI), Reddy asked for extending the proposal to Andhra Pradesh taking into consideration the potential to create employment opportunities in the region.
"We have made a bid for including Andhra Pradesh in this corridor. We are your neighbours...," she said.
Claiming that Andhra Pradesh is the most business-friendly state in the country, Reddy said, "We have the second longest coastline and with Nellore and Cuddapah airports coming up, we will have direct connectivity (to Chennai and Bangalore)".
Andhra Pradesh Industries Secretary K Pradeep Chandra said Nellore-Tada-Sathyavedu and Hindupur, Khadri can be linked with the Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor as "huge" ongoing investments are present in that area.
"Sathyavedu and Nellore are already promoted as manufacturing hubs", he said, adding that there was abundant land for industrial availability besides projects to generate 10,000 MW coming up in the locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming