Andhra to come out with new Land Allotment policy
Chennai: The Andhra Pradesh government would soon come out with a new Land Allotment Policy to ensure more transparency in attracting investments, state Industries Minister J Geeta Reddy said on Saturday.
"We are bringing a Land Allotment Policy...It will be coming to the Cabinet shortly...," she told reporters here without elaborating further.
"We don`t want to give land to people who cannot utilise it," she said, pointing out that her state has the largest number of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) present in the country, with 74 of them being notified.
Earlier, at the National Conference on Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor, organised by industry bodies Assocham and Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI), Reddy asked for extending the proposal to Andhra Pradesh taking into consideration the potential to create employment opportunities in the region.
"We have made a bid for including Andhra Pradesh in this corridor. We are your neighbours...," she said.
Claiming that Andhra Pradesh is the most business-friendly state in the country, Reddy said, "We have the second longest coastline and with Nellore and Cuddapah airports coming up, we will have direct connectivity (to Chennai and Bangalore)".
Andhra Pradesh Industries Secretary K Pradeep Chandra said Nellore-Tada-Sathyavedu and Hindupur, Khadri can be linked with the Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor as "huge" ongoing investments are present in that area.
"Sathyavedu and Nellore are already promoted as manufacturing hubs", he said, adding that there was abundant land for industrial availability besides projects to generate 10,000 MW coming up in the locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early