Andhra to come out with new Land Allotment policy
Chennai: The Andhra Pradesh government would soon come out with a new Land Allotment Policy to ensure more transparency in attracting investments, state Industries Minister J Geeta Reddy said on Saturday.
"We are bringing a Land Allotment Policy...It will be coming to the Cabinet shortly...," she told reporters here without elaborating further.
"We don`t want to give land to people who cannot utilise it," she said, pointing out that her state has the largest number of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) present in the country, with 74 of them being notified.
Earlier, at the National Conference on Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor, organised by industry bodies Assocham and Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI), Reddy asked for extending the proposal to Andhra Pradesh taking into consideration the potential to create employment opportunities in the region.
"We have made a bid for including Andhra Pradesh in this corridor. We are your neighbours...," she said.
Claiming that Andhra Pradesh is the most business-friendly state in the country, Reddy said, "We have the second longest coastline and with Nellore and Cuddapah airports coming up, we will have direct connectivity (to Chennai and Bangalore)".
Andhra Pradesh Industries Secretary K Pradeep Chandra said Nellore-Tada-Sathyavedu and Hindupur, Khadri can be linked with the Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor as "huge" ongoing investments are present in that area.
"Sathyavedu and Nellore are already promoted as manufacturing hubs", he said, adding that there was abundant land for industrial availability besides projects to generate 10,000 MW coming up in the locality.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!