Andhra to develop Vizag, Vijayawada, Tirupati as mega cities
Visakhapatnam: The Andhra Pradesh government will develop Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Tirupati as mega cities, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said Thursday.
He told reporters after the first cabinet meeting in this coastal city that major towns in the state will be developed as smart cities.
Naidu, who has already hinted that the state capital will be built between Vijayawada and Guntur, said the development of new capital requirs Rs.4 to Rs.5 lakh crore.
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP), a partner in the ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) at the centre, will request the central government to extend the special category status to Andhra Pradesh to 15 years. The previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government had given this status for five years.
Pointing out that the state has a budget deficit of Rs.15,900 crore, Naidu said it required liberal assistance from the NDA government.
Naidu said many gas-based industries were likely to come to the state. He was confident work on the proposed petrochemical corridor will start soon. The TDP chief hoped that new industries will put the state on the path of development.
Naidu vowed to revive the electricity sector to ensure 24-hour supply to industrial and domestic sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015