Andhra website to give detailed information on temples
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh would soon launch a
website giving detailed information of all the temples in the
state, Endowments Minister G Venkata Reddi said.
"The website would have detailed information regarding
37,00 temples in the state. It would be inaugurated on October
2," he told reporters here today.
Reddi said the details would comprise the history of the
temples, their properties and its valuation.
He rued that temple agricultural lands do not get rents
prevailing in the market.
Therefore, the Endowments departments will rationalise it
before March 2010, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players