Announcement on Lokpal Bill victory of people-power: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N
Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday termed the Central government`s
announcement on the Jan Lokpal Bill as a "victory of people"
of the country.
Leading a foot-march from the Mahatma Gandhi statue at
Secunderabad to Ambedkar statue on Tank Bund road here today,
in support of Anna Hazare and the fight against corruption,
the TDP president said the steps announced by the Centre on
enactment of Jan Lokpal were only a beginning.
"The movement against corruption will take a wider shape
if the Jan Lokpal Act is not effectively implemented," he
The foot-march was undertaken on an apolitical platform
with the participation of people from all walks of life,
including students and intellectuals. "The youths of the
country are deeply frustrated while the intelligentsia is
deeply anguished over the widespread corruption. The high
poverty prevailing in the country is a result of corruption,"
He demanded that the government confiscate ill-gotten
wealth of all those found guilty of corruption.
Chandrababu administered a pledge to all participants
that they would fight corruption by all means.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal