Announcement on Lokpal Bill victory of people-power: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N
Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday termed the Central government`s
announcement on the Jan Lokpal Bill as a "victory of people"
of the country.
Leading a foot-march from the Mahatma Gandhi statue at
Secunderabad to Ambedkar statue on Tank Bund road here today,
in support of Anna Hazare and the fight against corruption,
the TDP president said the steps announced by the Centre on
enactment of Jan Lokpal were only a beginning.
"The movement against corruption will take a wider shape
if the Jan Lokpal Act is not effectively implemented," he
The foot-march was undertaken on an apolitical platform
with the participation of people from all walks of life,
including students and intellectuals. "The youths of the
country are deeply frustrated while the intelligentsia is
deeply anguished over the widespread corruption. The high
poverty prevailing in the country is a result of corruption,"
He demanded that the government confiscate ill-gotten
wealth of all those found guilty of corruption.
Chandrababu administered a pledge to all participants
that they would fight corruption by all means.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!