Another boat tragedy in Andhra; one dead, 10 missing
Hyderabad: One person drowned, while 10
others were missing after a boat capsized in Visakhapatnam
district of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday, the second such incident in
the state in as many days.
About 12 to 14 people from Ammapeta village were
travelling in the country-made boat which capsized in Tanda
reservoir, Visakhapatnam Rural Superintendent of Police Vineet
Brijlal said over phone.
Quoting preliminary reports, the SP said two persons
swam to safety, while one body was fished out from the
The police, with the help of district authorities,
have launched a rescue operation and all efforts are being
made to search the survivors, he said.
Brijlal and other district officials have left for the
spot to supervise the rescue operation.
Yesterday 11 villagers drowned when a overcrowded boat
overturned in Godavari river in West Godavari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!