Another boat tragedy in Andhra; one dead, 10 missing
Hyderabad: One person drowned, while 10
others were missing after a boat capsized in Visakhapatnam
district of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday, the second such incident in
the state in as many days.
About 12 to 14 people from Ammapeta village were
travelling in the country-made boat which capsized in Tanda
reservoir, Visakhapatnam Rural Superintendent of Police Vineet
Brijlal said over phone.
Quoting preliminary reports, the SP said two persons
swam to safety, while one body was fished out from the
The police, with the help of district authorities,
have launched a rescue operation and all efforts are being
made to search the survivors, he said.
Brijlal and other district officials have left for the
spot to supervise the rescue operation.
Yesterday 11 villagers drowned when a overcrowded boat
overturned in Godavari river in West Godavari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation