Another boat tragedy in Andhra; one dead, 10 missing
Hyderabad: One person drowned, while 10
others were missing after a boat capsized in Visakhapatnam
district of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday, the second such incident in
the state in as many days.
About 12 to 14 people from Ammapeta village were
travelling in the country-made boat which capsized in Tanda
reservoir, Visakhapatnam Rural Superintendent of Police Vineet
Brijlal said over phone.
Quoting preliminary reports, the SP said two persons
swam to safety, while one body was fished out from the
The police, with the help of district authorities,
have launched a rescue operation and all efforts are being
made to search the survivors, he said.
Brijlal and other district officials have left for the
spot to supervise the rescue operation.
Yesterday 11 villagers drowned when a overcrowded boat
overturned in Godavari river in West Godavari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof