Another boat tragedy in Andhra; one dead, 10 missing
Hyderabad: One person drowned, while 10
others were missing after a boat capsized in Visakhapatnam
district of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday, the second such incident in
the state in as many days.
About 12 to 14 people from Ammapeta village were
travelling in the country-made boat which capsized in Tanda
reservoir, Visakhapatnam Rural Superintendent of Police Vineet
Brijlal said over phone.
Quoting preliminary reports, the SP said two persons
swam to safety, while one body was fished out from the
The police, with the help of district authorities,
have launched a rescue operation and all efforts are being
made to search the survivors, he said.
Brijlal and other district officials have left for the
spot to supervise the rescue operation.
Yesterday 11 villagers drowned when a overcrowded boat
overturned in Godavari river in West Godavari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress