Another Cong MLA in Andhra joins Jagan`s YSRC
Hyderabad: The Congress government in Andhra Pradesh suffered yet another blow with its Kakinada MLA Dwarampudi Chandrasekhar Reddy formally joining the YSR Congress on Thursday.
The Congress` strength in the Assembly has now been reduced to 149, just one more than the magic mark of 148 in the 294-member House.
Dwarampudi, however, said he would not resign from his post despite switching over to the YSRC.
The MLA met YSRC honorary president Y S Vijaya here today and completed the formality of joining the party.
His move does not come as a surprise as he is a known loyalist of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
Dwarampudi accused Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy of failing to honour any of the promises made for the development of Kakinada constituency.
"I waited patiently for a year but the government did nothing to keep its word after I voted against the no-confidence motion in December 2011. Moreover, it has been implementing several anti-people`s policies, the latest being the move to increase power tariff very steeply," the legislator pointed out.
Hence, he quit the Congress and joined the YSRC to stand by the family of late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie