Another hate speech case against Akbaruddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Another case related to alleged hate speech has been filed against the jailed MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, this time in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, following a court directive.
Atmakur police in Kurnool district yesterday registered a case against the MIM leader under sections 121 (waging war against the government of India), 153A (promoting enmity) and other relevant sections of Indian Penal Code.
Balram Naik, a lawyer, had approached the court for filing of a criminal case against the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MLA on the basis of a video, available on the internet, of "inflammatory" speeches by Owaisi against a community.
After his provocative speeches created a controversy, Akbaruddin has so far been booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad district, Nizamabad II Town police and Osmania University police in Hyderabad, among others.
Akbaruddin, MIM`s floor leader in state Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH