Another hate speech case against Akbaruddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Another case related to alleged hate speech has been filed against the jailed MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, this time in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, following a court directive.
Atmakur police in Kurnool district yesterday registered a case against the MIM leader under sections 121 (waging war against the government of India), 153A (promoting enmity) and other relevant sections of Indian Penal Code.
Balram Naik, a lawyer, had approached the court for filing of a criminal case against the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MLA on the basis of a video, available on the internet, of "inflammatory" speeches by Owaisi against a community.
After his provocative speeches created a controversy, Akbaruddin has so far been booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad district, Nizamabad II Town police and Osmania University police in Hyderabad, among others.
Akbaruddin, MIM`s floor leader in state Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra