Another hate speech case against Akbaruddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Another case related to alleged hate speech has been filed against the jailed MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, this time in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, following a court directive.
Atmakur police in Kurnool district yesterday registered a case against the MIM leader under sections 121 (waging war against the government of India), 153A (promoting enmity) and other relevant sections of Indian Penal Code.
Balram Naik, a lawyer, had approached the court for filing of a criminal case against the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MLA on the basis of a video, available on the internet, of "inflammatory" speeches by Owaisi against a community.
After his provocative speeches created a controversy, Akbaruddin has so far been booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad district, Nizamabad II Town police and Osmania University police in Hyderabad, among others.
Akbaruddin, MIM`s floor leader in state Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur