Another immolation in AP for Telangana cause?
Warangal: In what appears to be yet
another suicide for the cause of separate Telangana, a man in
his 30s, set himself ablaze reportedly shouting `Jai
Telangana` slogans in Public Garden at Hanamkonda near here
According to eye witnesses, one Rajamouli, an auto-driver,
took the extreme step after pouring petrol on himself at
around 11 am and raised `Jai Telangana` slogans before he
succumbed to his burn injuries.
Hanamkonda police, who were probing the matter, however
said investigations were underway to ascertain the exact
reasons for the death. When asked whether it was a case of
suicide for the Telangana cause, a senior police officer
said, "investigations were still on."
Meanwhile, the charred body of Rajamouli, was shifted
to Mahatma Gandhi memorial hospital for autopsy.
Rajamouli’s death is the second such incident in the
last two-days after L Bhojya Naik, a second-year MBA student,
died in Hanamkonda town on Saturday night after immolating
himself reportedly depressed over alleged anti-Telangana
statements of some Congress and TDP leaders.
Pro-Telangana leaders claim that around 800 persons,
particularly students, ended their lives for formation of
Telangana since November 2009, when the series of agitations
demanding statehood to the region began.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing