Another student commits suicide over Telangana
Warangal: An 18-year old engineering
student allegedly committed suicide over demand for statehood
for Telangana, police said on Monday.
According to police, this is the third incident in the
district in the past 10 days, in which, a student killed
himself over the controversial issue.
The victim, identified as Sambari Naveen, was a first-year
engineering student of Charistu Jyothi Engineering College in
According to police, the victim hanged himself at his
residence in Tarigoppula village of Narmetta Mandal of
Warangal district. Police also found a suicide note at the
crime site, in which, Naveen mentioned that he was committing
suicide for the cause of separate Telangana, police said.
On March 24, an MBA student from the same district had
ended his life over the separate Telangana demand.
Another 23-year-old youth from the district had
committed suicide over alleged "inaction" on part of
politicians from the region in pursuing the cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed