Another student commits suicide over Telangana
Warangal: An 18-year old engineering
student allegedly committed suicide over demand for statehood
for Telangana, police said on Monday.
According to police, this is the third incident in the
district in the past 10 days, in which, a student killed
himself over the controversial issue.
The victim, identified as Sambari Naveen, was a first-year
engineering student of Charistu Jyothi Engineering College in
According to police, the victim hanged himself at his
residence in Tarigoppula village of Narmetta Mandal of
Warangal district. Police also found a suicide note at the
crime site, in which, Naveen mentioned that he was committing
suicide for the cause of separate Telangana, police said.
On March 24, an MBA student from the same district had
ended his life over the separate Telangana demand.
Another 23-year-old youth from the district had
committed suicide over alleged "inaction" on part of
politicians from the region in pursuing the cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened