Another student commits suicide over Telangana
Warangal: An 18-year old engineering
student allegedly committed suicide over demand for statehood
for Telangana, police said on Monday.
According to police, this is the third incident in the
district in the past 10 days, in which, a student killed
himself over the controversial issue.
The victim, identified as Sambari Naveen, was a first-year
engineering student of Charistu Jyothi Engineering College in
According to police, the victim hanged himself at his
residence in Tarigoppula village of Narmetta Mandal of
Warangal district. Police also found a suicide note at the
crime site, in which, Naveen mentioned that he was committing
suicide for the cause of separate Telangana, police said.
On March 24, an MBA student from the same district had
ended his life over the separate Telangana demand.
Another 23-year-old youth from the district had
committed suicide over alleged "inaction" on part of
politicians from the region in pursuing the cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'