Another student commits suicide over Telangana
Warangal: An 18-year old engineering
student allegedly committed suicide over demand for statehood
for Telangana, police said on Monday.
According to police, this is the third incident in the
district in the past 10 days, in which, a student killed
himself over the controversial issue.
The victim, identified as Sambari Naveen, was a first-year
engineering student of Charistu Jyothi Engineering College in
According to police, the victim hanged himself at his
residence in Tarigoppula village of Narmetta Mandal of
Warangal district. Police also found a suicide note at the
crime site, in which, Naveen mentioned that he was committing
suicide for the cause of separate Telangana, police said.
On March 24, an MBA student from the same district had
ended his life over the separate Telangana demand.
Another 23-year-old youth from the district had
committed suicide over alleged "inaction" on part of
politicians from the region in pursuing the cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits