Anti-bifurcation protestors beseige AP ministers` offices
Guntur: Student protesters beseiged the AP Rural Development Minister D M Vara Prasad camp office at Lakshmipuram here on Wednesday, alleging that he had favoured bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Protestors also alleged that he had criticised AP Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy who supposedly revolted against the Congress Working Committee`s decision to carve out a separate Telangana state.
The police dispersed them by force later and took five of them into custody.
In a related incident at the coastal town of Bapatla, demonstrators gheraoed Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas P Laxmi at her camp office, demanding her resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on