Anti-bifurcation protestors beseige AP ministers` offices
Guntur: Student protesters beseiged the AP Rural Development Minister D M Vara Prasad camp office at Lakshmipuram here on Wednesday, alleging that he had favoured bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Protestors also alleged that he had criticised AP Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy who supposedly revolted against the Congress Working Committee`s decision to carve out a separate Telangana state.
The police dispersed them by force later and took five of them into custody.
In a related incident at the coastal town of Bapatla, demonstrators gheraoed Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas P Laxmi at her camp office, demanding her resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog