Anti-bifurcation protestors beseige AP ministers` offices
Guntur: Student protesters beseiged the AP Rural Development Minister D M Vara Prasad camp office at Lakshmipuram here on Wednesday, alleging that he had favoured bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Protestors also alleged that he had criticised AP Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy who supposedly revolted against the Congress Working Committee`s decision to carve out a separate Telangana state.
The police dispersed them by force later and took five of them into custody.
In a related incident at the coastal town of Bapatla, demonstrators gheraoed Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas P Laxmi at her camp office, demanding her resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking