Anti-bifurcation protestors beseige AP ministers` offices
Guntur: Student protesters beseiged the AP Rural Development Minister D M Vara Prasad camp office at Lakshmipuram here on Wednesday, alleging that he had favoured bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Protestors also alleged that he had criticised AP Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy who supposedly revolted against the Congress Working Committee`s decision to carve out a separate Telangana state.
The police dispersed them by force later and took five of them into custody.
In a related incident at the coastal town of Bapatla, demonstrators gheraoed Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas P Laxmi at her camp office, demanding her resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`