Anti-bifurcation protestors beseige AP ministers` offices
Guntur: Student protesters beseiged the AP Rural Development Minister D M Vara Prasad camp office at Lakshmipuram here on Wednesday, alleging that he had favoured bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Protestors also alleged that he had criticised AP Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy who supposedly revolted against the Congress Working Committee`s decision to carve out a separate Telangana state.
The police dispersed them by force later and took five of them into custody.
In a related incident at the coastal town of Bapatla, demonstrators gheraoed Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas P Laxmi at her camp office, demanding her resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan