Anti-Telangana people should `obey` Cong decision
Hyderabad: Pointing out that the Congress
has always been committed to creation of Telangana and had
also taken a `decision` in this regard; senior Andhra Pradesh
minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah on Wednesday questioned people opposing
Ponnala, in an open letter, questioned why anti-Telangana
people did not object when state Assembly passed a resolution
on February 12, 2009 which said "government has no objection
to the formation of Telangana state in principle."
Ponnala, who was among 12 ministers from Telangana in the
AP Cabinet who resigned from the membership of the state
Assembly on July 4, directed his questions mainly at his party
colleagues from Andhra-Rayalaseema regions even as the latter
intensified lobbying in New Delhi in support of a unified
He questioned why no objections were raised when all
political parties included the Telangana issue in their
election manifestos during 2009 elections and when the
Congress Legislature Party passed a resolution in December
2009 authorising party high command on the formation of a
Why did anybody not raise any objection when the Congress
party entered into an electoral alliance in 2004 with other
parties (read Telangana Rashtra Samiti) with the `single
point agenda` of (creating) a separate state and incorporated
the Telangana issue in the election manifesto, Ponnala asked.
The "anti-Telangana people" should realise that the
Congress high command "has already taken a decision" on the
issue, Ponnala claimed and "advised" everyone to "obey" it in
the light of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s statement on
December 9, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India