Antony committee useless: AP Congress leader
Kadapa (AP): Senior Andhra Pradesh Congress leader R Rajagopal Reddy on Friday said that the committee under Defence Minister AK Antony, set up by the party high command to study the problems of non-Telangana regions, would not achieve anything.
He also termed the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as "mute spectator".
The committee would not be able to address the problems arising out of the proposed bifurcation, Reddy said here.
He said that Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, who was member of this committee, had no knowledge of the issues.
A united Andhra Pradesh was in the party`s interest, and bifurcation should be avoided, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand