Antony committee useless: AP Congress leader
Kadapa (AP): Senior Andhra Pradesh Congress leader R Rajagopal Reddy on Friday said that the committee under Defence Minister AK Antony, set up by the party high command to study the problems of non-Telangana regions, would not achieve anything.
He also termed the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as "mute spectator".
The committee would not be able to address the problems arising out of the proposed bifurcation, Reddy said here.
He said that Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, who was member of this committee, had no knowledge of the issues.
A united Andhra Pradesh was in the party`s interest, and bifurcation should be avoided, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?