AP: 12 killed, six injured in road mishap
Kadapa: Twelve persons, including five women and an infant, were killed and six others injured when their vehicle was hit by a speeding lorry in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh early Friday morning, police said.
The victims, hailing from Nanded district of Maharashtra, were on their way to Tirumala on a pilgrimage when a coal-laden lorry coming from front collided with their four-wheeler between Rajampet and Nandularu at around 5.30 am, police said.
Kadapa district superintendent of police Manish Kumar Sinha told a news agency that around 18 persons were travelling in the ill-fated vehicle.
The victims were heading to Tirumala to have a `darshan` of Lord Venkateshwara when the mishap occurred, he said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter